Developer: OPUS Northwest
Architect: Ankrom Moisan Associated Architects
Contractor: OPUS Northwest LLC
Interiors: Soderberg / Laman
Originally developed by a partnership between John Carroll and OPUS Northwest, the Ladd Tower was to be a twenty one story, mixed-use residential tower. The original plans called for 200 residential condominiums varying in size between 600 square foot urban studio plans to 1552 square foot two bedroom homes. 3,000 square foot penthouse suites were also called for in the upper floors. Exclusive marketing of the building was done by Debbie Thomas Real Estate, which included the 60 units under contract when it was announced that the Ladd Tower would switch from condominiums to apartments and that OPUS Northwest would be proceeding alone on the venture. Construction was completed early 2009 with the building finalized at 23-stories, with 220 luxury apartments.
Named after William S. Ladd, Portland’s fourth mayor. The Ladd tower is ideally situated in the cultural district of downtown Portland and bounded by Southwest Jefferson and Columbia streets, Broadway and Park Avenue, and includes the Ladd Carriage House, an important historic building downtown.